21-DSD – Day 21
Here it is…the FINAL day of our detox and I can honestly say I DID IT!!! I completed the detox without dying, starving, killing someone else, causing major issues in our marriage (or family). I am so excited to say that I COMPLETED the 21-Day Sugar Detox!!
Things I loved about it:
- I kicked my sugar cravings (especially late in the evening).
- I kicked my Dr. Pepper habit. I can honestly say that besides my pregnancies this is the LONGEST I have ever gone without Dr. Pepper since I was a teenager.
- I kicked my carb cravings. I never thought I could be a Paleo or Gluten-Free person but over the last 21 days I have proven to myself that IT IS replaceable.
- I lost weight. As of this morning I was down 10.4 LBS. This was a goal of mine but was not the main goal in doing this Detox.
- I’ve had more energy fluidly throughout the day. I ALWAYS had the mid-morning lull that needed a pick-me-up bar or coffee and the mid-afternoon crash that required a Dr.Pepper or Mt. Dew. I missed these snacks and drinks for about the first 4 days and then all of the sudden, I didn’t even think about it. It has been a great help with my kids too in the afternoons, because I’m not all of the sudden exhausted.
- My hubby did it with me!! He’s been committed and stayed with me throughout the entire 21 days (with very few cheats). He’s also lost weight and I am so proud of him.
- I fell asleep quicker. I’ve always had a problem falling asleep and since day 6 of the detox I’ve noticeably been able to fall asleep much quicker than ever before, even in the middle of the night when one of the kids would wake me I was always able to fall back to sleep easily.
- I ate foods I didn’t know I liked and now I like them…I can not say that I love them but I will at least eat them now.
Things I didn’t like about it:
- It was hard. I mean come on, if I’m honest here I had to totally change the way we ate at home, veggies were always an after-thought when I prepared our meals and now they are just as important as the main dish to me as I think and prepare.
- It was 21 DAYS…while I understand the methods behind this madness it was hard to do this for a full 21 consecutive days.
- I had bacon and eggs everyday for breakfast (except the first two days when I made some buffalo chicken muffins from the book). I used to LOVE bacon and now I just like it :-). I just wished that there were more options for breakfast (quick breakfasts) that didn’t include or be made from eggs and bacon.
So, there are my thoughts from our 21-day detox. If you’re considering it or want to know more, please feel free to contact me or just buy the book!!